- This event has passed.
A Five-day Professional Learning Program for teachers of EAL/D in remote Indigenous Community schools
January 25 - January 26$250
INTERCULTURAL TEACHING AND LEARNING
This five-day ATESOL NT Professional Development program will cover practical aspects of teaching multilingual students in multiculturally-informed ways.
The first two days of the program to be offered January 25-26, 2021 will focus on teaching in remote Indigenous community school contexts.
- Teaching interculturally in a) English Immersion Programs and b) in Bilingual /Biliteracy Education Programs
- Applying Intercultural Practices in Team Teaching: working in Bicultural Teaching Teams
- Understanding EAL/D practices and strategies in and for specific multilingual contexts
The remaining three days will be offered later in Semester One, at the end of either Term 1 or Term 2.
- The English grammar from learners’ perspectives
- Teaching Spoken English
- Assessing EAL/D progress and achievement